The best thing that I found on this recipe is, it requires minimum cooking time but you will still get a masterpiece that amazes your peers as it doesn't involve any baking that usually takes hours to cool down before sending it into the refrigerator.
Chilled Oreo Cheesecake
220 g whole Oreo
120g melted butter
8 egg yolks
500g cream cheese
22g gelatine powder dissolved with 100ml of hot water
300ml whipped cream
50g cooking chocolate
1 packet of Oreo sandwiches
Yield: A 9" cake that feeds 12 stomachs
1. Blend the whole Oreo in a food processor until it assembles fine crumbs. If you don't have a food processor, simply place the cookies into a large clean plastic bag, seal it up and crush them by rolling a pin over the bag.
2. In a bowl, mix the Oreo crumbs with melted butter until all the crumbs take on a wet appearance.
3. Press the mixture into a 9" round springform tin. Chill in the refrigerator for at least 20 mins until the base is firm.
1. Whisk the egg yolks and sugar lightly over a pot of simmering water. Make sure that the base of mixing bowl doesn't touch on the water. Whisk until the texture becomes thick and lighter in colour.
2. Beat cream cheese on low until smooth and creamy. Pour in the melted gelatine mixture and mix evenly with a spatula.
3. Pour the whisked egg yolk into the cream cheese mixture gradually and mix till evenly combined.
4. Fold in whipped cream.
5. Pour half of the cream cheese mixture onto the prepared base, lay oreo cookies on top of the filling and pour the remaining mixture on top.
6. Mix 2 tbsp of cream cheese mixture with melted chocolate and spoon it on top of the cheesecake. Use a skewer to swirl it into marble effect.
7. Chill in the refrigerator for more than 4 hours or overnight before serving.
Normally the price of a cake will skyrocket when it's tagged with a "cheese" word. Try this homemade cheesecake that doesn't need an oven, which you probably need to spend only half of the money that you spend on any store-bought cheesecake.